Certain glazing projects sometimes need non-standard glazing systems. Whether commercial or residential, there are many reasons why custom-made glazing is, occasionally, the only option. From over sized windows and unusually shaped doors to personalised colour schemes and specialist glass, there is one material which is perfect for bespoke glazing projects. That material is, of course, aluminium.
Aluminium is an inherently malleable material. It is also naturally strong and durable. These characteristics make it extremely easy to mould into a variety of shapes during the manufacturing process and also make it capable of supporting large heavy areas of glazing.
At our Somerset factory, we manufacture a wide variety of bespoke aluminium windows and doors. Whatever your design requirements, we will endeavour to create the perfect aluminium windows and doors for your glazing project. To give you an idea of the scope of our manufacturing, we can produce aluminium windows and doors with:
• Arched tops
• Circular portholes
• Oversized windows
• Large shop front glazing
• Unusual geometrically shaped windows (triangular, pentagonal etc)
• Roof lanterns, rooflights, and glazed roofs
All our aluminium windows and doors provide outstanding levels of thermal performance and create a sleek and contemporary appearance for any building.
When it comes to colour choice, you really can’t beat aluminium windows and doors. Our custom aluminium windows and doors can be finished in several ways. You can choose from:
• A choice of metallic effect finishes
• Dual coloured frames for a different colour on the interior and exterior
• A durable and low maintenance powder coat finish in any of over 200 RAL colours
In terms of glazing, what works best for your project will depend on the location of the building, its usage, and your expectations. At Techniglaze, we offer a selection of glazing types including:
• Textured privacy glass – perfect for bathrooms and overlooked parts of a building
• Decorative and etched glass – create a unique appearance with your glazing
• Georgian bars and lead detailing – ideal for period property renovations
• Acoustic glazing – reduce noise transmission for homes near airports and busy roads
• Solar control glass – great for regulating temperature in glazed extensions
As you can see, aluminium is a great choice for creating bespoke windows and doors. If you’d like to find out more about our range of aluminium windows and doors contact Techniglaze today. Give us a call on 01761 417 654 or send us a message online.